List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: on value edit fields (i.e. the too small buttons inside)
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2002-09-04 20:57:58

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> > > Ah, but there is one other way of enlarging the icons. See my
> > > sample attached.
> >
> > Imagine this with a dialog where there are many value edits... and
> > even in your proposal the edit field looks quite strange... the value
> > appears to be lost alone ;) I think one has to accept the height of
> > the usual edit field as the maximum heighth.
>
> I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. Do you mean that the
> value in the field looks small and lost in the large edit box?

Yes.

> That's an easy fix: make the text size bigger.

Well... what about the rest of the dialog? Once I learned not to use too
many different font styles. And I fear your proposal will result in
this.

> Personally, I like the look of the text with plenty of room around it.
> But its easy enough to tweak. A few pixels here, a few pixels there.
>
> > What about an additional tool tip or the like that shows the
> > corresponding value when hovering over the slider bar with the mouse?
>
> Surely you don't need a tool tip for the slider, since you can just
> look in the edit field to see the value?

You got me wrong: I want to keep the old value until I decide to change
it to a new by MMB on the slider bar. This would fit in my using
habits... but forget about that one.

> --
> Steven D'Aprano

Friedrich