List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Notification queue
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2002-09-04 12:45:12

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 01:45, Eric Ellsworth wrote:
> > Yes, do it! :)
>
> Of course that's the right answer.  Now I just have to find the time to
> learn enough KDE programming to make it happen.  *sigh*
>
> > Funny, comes so close to a former suggestion of me:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-look&m=98294780630209&w=2
>
> So it's not my idea.  Rats!
>
> > Could be a compact window, too, but a kicker extension is always
> > accessible, at the same place and uses less space...
>
> I was thinking it would live in the system tray....

That was actually discussed with regard to Friedrich's original suggestion...
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-look&m=99529427424823&w=2
There were a lot of good ideas bandied about. However, since much of that
discussion no longer seems to appear in the archives it might be worth
discussing again. (somebody run and get a coder first!)

--
Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst
Cratchit.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  In practice,
there is.