On Wednesday 28 August 2002 14:23, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > Steven D'Aprano wrote: > > On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:36, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > > [snip] > > > > Today it just struck me: Why is the corresponding scroll bar button > > > not simply greyed out when the view has reached the corresponding > > > end? > > > > I think traditionally the button doesn't grey out because developers > > reason that the entire control should be in the same state -- either > > the scroll bar is enabled, or it is disabled, but not half enabled and > > half disabled. > > I see. Would make sense as I really can't imagine to be the first one > with such an idea but all the UI I came across handled it in the same > way. And I even think they may be right... Perhaps instead of greying > the respective buttons might change the icon. To a square. > Any other suggestions? Sure. How's this one: don't give up so easily. I think it's a good idea, and in my book, the concept of the purity of the control got thrown out the window when somebody invented the combo-box. I'm with Steven. I think it's more consistent, more informative, and the user doesn't care otherwise. > > And while we are talking about scroll bars, can we make the minimum > > thumb-box size to be the same as the mouse pointer? It is really a pain > > to try to click on and drag the tiny thumb-box when you have a very > > large list. > > Fully agreement in my room :) (ups, it is just me and two litte penguins > right now, do they count? ;) Sure, why not? -- Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst Cratchit.org http://www.cratchit.org 864-427-7008 (direct) AIM or Yahoo!: leighdf MSN: leighdf29379@hotmail.com ICQ: 37839381 disbar, n: As distinguished from some other bar.