List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Clipboard
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () cosmos ! net ! au>
Date:       2002-08-08 15:29:25

On Thu,  8 Aug 2002 08:09, Brad Potts wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm just wondering if I'm following this.  I'm new to this newsletter
> and for the past week or so all I have been hearing is people
> arguing/discussing about the "cut" and "paste" icons in KDE.  If so
> is this what we're all really arguing about?????  Not trying to be a
> jerk or anything, this just seems like an extended discussion about
> something so insignificant.  If this isn't the discussion and I just
> came in the middle (and missed the beginning) then don't mind me...

Well Brad, you could hang around a while and see what other discussions
we get into, or you could start a new thread.

Before you start a new thread, its probably a good idea to read the
archives first, because some topics are done to death: no, KDE will not
make Mac-style menu bars the default, even if they are more efficient;
yes, metadata is a great idea, but we can't agree on how to implement
it or even if it is something KDE should be doing.

I must admit I'm surprised what a long and involved thread this simple
proposed change has started. And its going to get longer, because I've
got some comments that I will be posting shortly.

But that's the thing about user-interfaces. People will spend hours
arguing whether it should be called a trash can or a recycle bin, but
it took a genius to come up with the idea in the first place.

--
Steven D'Aprano