List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Color palettes services...
From:       David Golden <david.golden () oceanfree ! net>
Date:       2002-07-15 19:11:52

On Monday 15 July 2002 04:01, Dave Leigh wrote:

> I express the same thought by saying, "English is the XML of linquistics:
> every conversation should be accompanied by a schema." Native speakers (me
> included) often have as much trouble as you.

I prefer "English is the Perl of natural languages" - English people see
words and grammatical rules in other languages, and if they like them, in
they go, and to hell with consistency.   English is basically what you get
when you take most other major european languages and roll them together.
Perl's kinda like that, too...