List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KView 1.9.2; new ideas
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2002-07-07 11:27:22

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer schrieb:
> =

> Subject: KView 1.9.2; new ideas
> Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 00:55:59 +0200
> From: Zbigniew =A3uszpi=F1ski <zbiggy@go2.pl>
> To: kalle@kde.org
> =

> Hello !
> =

> Sorry for writting to you but wizard on bugs.kde.org can't let me in be=
cause
> I use KDE 2.2.2. Please forward this mail to current maintainer of KVie=
w.
> =

> KView 1.9.2 is great but I think that delete function is missing, when =
> watch picures in full screen mode and notice that don't need a picture =
must
 it. A
> delete current file function in KView would be very useful. This functi=
on

May I allow myself to hang on this and try (once again for those on
kde-look) to spread the idea to integrate more file manager's actions
into the "file" menu entry? For both view and editor apps?

Move to trash, delete, open with, rename... wouldn't it make sense to
have them in there? Right there, in the middle of the workflow, two
clicks away...

Or should I simply file a wish on bugs.kde.org, forget about this and
hope for more leasure times to do the programming myself?  (here smiley
making biiig eyes, fluttering with the lids)

Friedrich

PS: <dreaming> IMHO the killer feature would be to have a symbol in the
toolbar that presents the file itself (like in khexedit) and which works
like the file's symbol in a file manager's view: drag and drop to move
and copy, maybe even to trash, rightclick for the full list of
actions... </dreaming>