List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: shared configurations
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 0:58:31

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 8:51 pm, Albert Wagner wrote:
> I am on a single user machine, but I log in under different users.  How
> might I use one set of configs (~/.kde and ~/.kderc) for all of my users?

As long as you never ever open apps under multiple users at the same time, you
may be able to accomplish this via symbolically linked directories. However,
make sure all users belong to the group assigned to the files/directories,
and that all files are group writable, all directories group
writable/executable.

try something like:

mv /home/new/.kde3/share/config /home/new/.kde3/share/config.old
ln -s /home/existing/.kde3/share/config /home/new/.kde3/share/config

I'd provide more input but I'm holding my 3 month young daughter while I type
:).

Sean

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.