List:       kde-look
Subject:    Damn, this stuff is good!
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2002-04-02 8:02:18

For the last couple of weeks I've been without my Linux workstation due to a
combination of hardware issues and lack of time to fix them. I just got it
back together tonight, but in the meantime I've had to go slumming on my
Windows box.

On that box I re-acquainted myself with every tool I could think of, trying
to get comfortable with my mail. Short list: Outlook Express, Eudora,
Calypso, Opera, Lotus Notes, and Netscape. IMHO, none of them touches KMail.
(the closest to being "comfortable" was Opera, but it doesn't have nested
folders, and the filters need work.

It's not just that, either. Mostly, I missed my Klipper... I missed being
able to decide, on a per link basis, which browser I wanted to use. Quite
frankly, the only Windows tool I really like is Trillian
(http://www.trillian.cc), and I'm sure Everybuddy and Jabber will catch up to
it shortly.

KDE is really great stuff, folks. Sometimes being away from it for awhile is
all it takes to renew the warm fuzzies.

--
dave.leigh@cratchit.org
http://www.cratchit.org

If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was bad,
he should see how bad it is with representation.