List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Idea for tool preview on mouseover...
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-03-09 19:02:02

On Saturday 09 March 2002 03:41, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Oh, and please send me your address.  Since bandwidth is so "cheap", I'm
> sure you won't mind paying my bandwidth bills :-/.

Hey, I'm paying $150 per 50gb at Verio. I'd pay an extra $150 per month if it
would boost sales conversion on my commercial sites like Marketingtool.com by
even a fraction of a percentage :).

> Then get a faster connection.  That doesn't kill the server, but
> downloading a rash of pages you will never view as a matter of policy is
> called "abuse" in my book.

Granted. I've got DSL and am not someone who would benefit from preemptive
retrieval. However, someone on a 56k modem may feel abused having to wait 50
seconds to download 100k for one web page, which is too often the typical
footprint of a graphic web page.

I was merely brainstorming a particular way to improve performance from the
user's perspective, which, as you well know, rarely considers other
perspectives :)

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.