List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: File dialogs functions.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-02-28 11:31:19

On February 28, 2002 12:04 pm, Rodolfo Gonzalez wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Dave Leigh wrote:
> > Hmm. I kind of like the "Recent Directories" combobox, and would probably
> > like the "Recent Files" combo except for the fact that most applications
>
> And, there're global lists, for both recent opened files and directories,
> which are common for all apps. That's something I consider useful. For
> example, you save a graphics file in Konqueror and then you can have fast
> access to the file name in some graphic program.

all instances of the file dialog share the same set of "Recent URLs" which
appear in the path combo box (KURLBox) in the file dialog ... so if you do
access a dir in one app you can quickly navigate back there from another
app... same for open files in the Location bar ...

it does seem to have a bug in KDE2 where it doesn't flush old "previous dirs"
out so that new ones always show up reliably and immediately ... i should
check to see if it is more reliable in kde3...

but the freature you are looking for is indeed there already ...

--
Aaron Seigo