List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Konqueror design proposal
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2002-02-17 21:08:49

> I am not an expert in graphics at all, but I associate a sunken button with
> "pressed" ("activated"), and a raised one with "not pressed". This is
> exactly the other way round as it is in CVS now. In CVS the activated
> button is raised, and all the others are flat. I never saw a case where the
> activated button looks not pressed. For an example in real-life there are
> these old radio receivers with buttons. You press one, and all the others
> automatically jump out and are therefore not pressed.

OH, I see.  The problem is you are seeing them as "buttons" which they
are not.  They are tabs.  Which is different.  That's why there's no line
seperating the view from the supposed "raised" button--it's not a button,
but an extension of the view.

I got to admit, those tabs do look different than any others I've seen,
probably because they are so small.  I would probably rather have vertical
text instead because tabs *normally* have text, not icons.  You know, like
in that Internet Explorer for Mac OSX.  This way the tabs would be longer
and look more like tabs.

Regards,
Henry