List:       kde-look
Subject:    PIM ideas
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-13 22:15:58

OK everyone,

	Hope this list is still getting a little attention from developers.

	First of all, compliments to the KDE-PIM developers for their quick and
great work!  KOrganizar is super cool.

	A couple things I think would be useful:
		+ Quick export to put your calendar on the web, protected by some kind of
login.  I see in the KDE 3.1 roadmap plans forf ile-sharing via a little
webserver, so these two would integrate nicely.  Eventually it'd be nice to
be able to make modifications via the web, too, but that strikes me as less
important, particularly if desktop-to-desktop syncing works well..

		+ I understand that the KNotes are being integrated in the calendar - this
is an excellent idea.  However, I think sticky notes would be much more
useful if you could stick them on anything - mail messages, documents,
directories, have some the come up on login, on mail check, on app launch...
These could also be collected and searchable from within KOrganizer.

		+ Integration with large web calendar services, like MSN and Yahoo for
those of us who are still PDA-less.  I use Yahoo, and I'd love to
be able to sync KOrganizer and KAB with this.  Since both Yahoo and MSN
already sync with PDAs, would it be possible just to make them think that a
PDAs connecting, and then do a tunnelled sync.

You'll have to pardon me if these already in the plans - I didn't see em on
http://pim.kde.org.  Once again, keep up all the great work.

Regards,

Eric