List:       kde-look
Subject:    Option to attach Page Tabs to bottom instead of top?
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-12-04 14:55:30

Hey folks,

As I hammer away on my first KDE app, a semi-automated time tracking panel
applet, I'm wondering if a particular user interface feature is a good idea
or not:

Bottom attached tabs? In other words, an option to dock the tabs for a
multiple document / page interface on the bottom of a frame. The standard top
attached tabs work fine, but I'm finding that my mouse cursor is most often
closer to the bottom of the screen when I need to get to a tab. If this is
often the case with most users, why not make a prototype and experiment with
it?

Perhaps I'm backwards :). I have my close button (X) on the left side of the
window header away from the other buttons on the right. But it saves me time
since my cursor is usually closest to the top left when I'm getting ready to
close something down. Also prevents me from accidentally closing a window
when I wanted to minimize it, which was a rare but painful event  ;)

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.