List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Add button to KDE window decorations?
From:       James Davies <james_m_davies () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-11-19 8:20:02

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:40, Mathias Koerber wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 06:31:12PM -0800, Mathias Koerber wrote:
> > > Sorry, I typoed. I want it to resize to 1024x480.
> >
> > Not sure if this is of help, but:
> >
> > - right mouse button click on maximize button maximizes horizontally and
> > - middle mouse button maximizes vertically.
>
> Sorry, but that won't help in this case, as KDE thinks of the display in
> 1024x768 size, while I want to exactly size any window to 1024x480 and
> move it to 0,0 position on a button press. I know how to do this with
> other window managers like fvwm, but I can't find it in KDE..

You could use fvwm with kde... start fvwm as normal, and then run startkde
from inside fvwm. It will then load all of the kde desktop(i.e. panel,
desktop, etc) except the window manager, using fvwm instead.
This would allow you to use the window resizing of fvwm, and the features of
KDE.

I also think there is a program that comes with XFree86 that allows you to
set the size and position of a window by specifying it on the commandline. If
you could find that, you could bind a key to it.