List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Add button to KDE window decorations?
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-11-19 2:17:51

On Sunday 18 November 2001 20:52, Mathias Koerber wrote:
> I am using a Sony VAIO C1 notebook (which has a 1024x480) screen
> in 1024x768 virtual display mode (which means a lot of scrolling).
>
> I would like to add a button to all windows, with which I can induce any
> window to
>    a) move to 0,0
>    b) resize to 1024x768

You already have this button.  It's called "maximize".

Try it. In KDE, maximize a window, then grab the title bar, and move the
window around. Resize it. No problem. Close it. Open it again. It's right
where you left it. You can't do this with a maximized window in Windows.

> It would also be nice to have the same functionality in the window menu
> which pops up when one presses right-mouse on the titlebar,

You do. You just don't have them all at once. The titlebar buttons have
commonly used functions, and less commonly used ones are accessible via the
RMB menu.   As to which buttons are present (and where), that's configurable
by you. IMHO, KDE already does it exactly right. I wouldn't suggest changing
it any more than I would put every menu item on a toolbar.

--
dave.leigh@cratchit.org
http://www.cratchit.org

There's so much to say but your eyes keep interrupting me.