List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: File Properties...
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-11-17 12:45:00

On Friday 16 November 2001 22:48, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> this functionality is already supported in KDE2.x. unfortunately, there
> aren't may "extra information page" plugins. they exist for koffice files
> and it is apparently somewhat trivial to add support for additional MIME
> types. perhaps this would be a great project for someone with time and
> wanting to get their feet wet in KDE devel?

Now for a possibly silly question: From where does koffice pull the default
info for the About tab in Document Information? It's pulling my name and
e-mail address, but my address, company, or title.  Is it trying to get this
identity from the email settings in the Control Center, or someplace else?

--
dave.leigh@cratchit.org
http://www.cratchit.org

O, it is excellent
To have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous
To use it like a giant.
		-- Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", II, 2