List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Open vs. Edit
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2001-09-21 2:26:06

On Thursday 20 September 2001 21:06, Sean Pecor wrote:
> On Thursday 20 September 2001 08:38 pm, Henry Stanaland wrote:
> > This is what I did.  I right clicked on an .html file and chose "Edit
> > File Association" and moved Quanta Plus up to the top(for my purposes,
> > it's the equivalent of kate). Embedding still has "Show file in embedded
> > viewer." So now when I LEFT click it PREVIEWS it.  When I MIDDLE-click it
> > opens it in Quanta.  Isn't this what you wanted.
>
> Sure. But click on a URL in a kmail message. Like try visiting
> http://www.digitalspinner.com by left clicking on it with the settings
> you're describing. It opens up in Quanta doesn't it? Therein lies the
> problem.
>
> Sean.

Understanding what you want to do tempered with the realities of what you can
do today, I'd suggest using the context menu until some patch can be
effected. In the case of kmail, I also set up klipper actions so I can
right-click, copy to clipboard, and choose my application.

--
dave.leigh@cratchit.org
http://www.cratchit.org

Yow!  Are we wet yet?