List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Webpage that Konqueror 2.1.1 can't load
From:       Horst Simon <hsimon () ico ! nec ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-08-31 3:11:14

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:33, Julian Rockey wrote:
> > > The online back I use (St George Bank here in Australia) checks what
> > > the browser reports and won't support any borwser versions other than
> > > Netscrape 4.74 or above (or some versions of IE.)  It won't work with
> > > Konqueror or Mozilla or Netscape 6.x!
>
> Which Java are you using? My wife's Australian and uses the St George
> on-line banking. Both Mozilla 0.93 and Konqueror work fine if you ignore
> the ominous warnings. I use the IBM JVM. Oddly, it's IE 5.0 on my work
> laptop that won't work with the St George site. To be honest, I think it's
> a flaky site anyway..

I tried Blackdown's and IBM's Java and getwith my bank following error
message:

The network request is not supported

When I try to connect to
https://www.rational.com/accountlink/transactionType.jsp
I get following error:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
https://www.rational.com:443/accountlink/transactionType.jsp on this server.

Apache/1.3.12 Ben-SSL/1.40 Server at goldh2.rational.com Port 443

Both URL's work fine with Netscape 4.77 under SuSE 7.2 KDE 2.2.

Regards,
Horst

--
  E-Mail: hsimon@ico.nec.com.au
  Tel: (03) 9271-4641

  This message was sent by
  KMail 1.3 Using KDE 2.2 & SuSE Linux 7.2