List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Rather odd KDE 2.2 Problem
From:       Michael Kalus <mkalus () expressvu ! com>
Date:       2001-08-30 16:45:48

Good afternoon everyone.

I have a rather strange KDE PRoblem. I am running SuSE 7.2 at home and
downloaded the appropriate Packages from ftp.kde.org

The installation works fine without a hinch and soon after that I can log
into KDE. Everything works fine, UNTIL I log out and try to log in again. It
is rather slow and then I just get stuck on the Desktop, no icons, no
taskbar, nothing. Just a plain background and my mouse.

I have KDE installed on two different systems (my notebook and my desktop)
only the desktop shows this problem though, the upgrade to 2.2 on my
notebook worked like a charm.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.

Michael