List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] proliferating personal posting
From:       Paul Abrahams <abrahams () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-08-10 18:24:41

Akar 'th 'orrible wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:24, Paul Abrahams wrote:
>
>>I hope this very thread doesn't proliferate too long.
>>

> Ah well Paul, some of us have the future of kde at heart and would like to
> create a responsive and useful customer support environment. If that means
> talking and listening to others to get their input then I at least am
> prepared to do it.

My comment wasn't intended to be critical, just hopeful.

The biggest problem with any set of conventions is that newcomers aren't
aware of them.

My biggest peeve in this area is with uninformative thread titles such as
"Hmmm".  It would seem obvious that such titles aren't at all helpful,
but still, we see them all the time.

Paul