If you have no floppy drive turn it off in the BIOS You will also boot faster Jim On 11/12/2013 04:46 AM, Felix Miata wrote: > On 2013-11-12 09:01 (GMT) Duncan composed: > >> 1) Removing the device-notifier plasmoid from your panel entirely /may/ >> do it (or not, I can't test), but of course then you'll lose >> notifications for cds and USB sticks you plugin as well > > And so not acceptable. > >> 2) IIRC, there's a device notifier config available either in kde system >> settings or from device-notifier's context menu (right-click), possibly >> both, that contains a list of all previous detections and whether to >> notify about them or not. You /might/ be able to turn it off there. > > Device notifier settings 4.11.2 offers no way I could initially see to > ignore the floppy drive. > > The manage notifications section of system settings just duplicates > the device notifier settings, but on further study, it appeared that > selecting enable automatic might have a combination that works. Its UI > isn't clear WRT how overrides work, or not. The main confusion is it > lists unmounted partitions configured as noauto in fstab as though > they are removable media. Turns out what I thought might work does not. > >> Finally, since floppy drives are pretty much obsolete and rarely used >> these days, if you very seldom or never use it, you may wish to consider > > I use floppies. In all machines I acquire that lack them, if they have > a floppy controller, an available power connector, and a place to put > the drive, I install one. Few of my machines have no floppy drive > installed. ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.