List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Shutdown on KDE+ terminal : questions
From:       Andy Johnson <johnsonzjo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-23 14:48:11

Hello,
I am a newbie on KDE. I just ran away from Gnome when upgrading
to Fedora 18 after some issues which are probably related to the
desktop manager.

I have 2 issues - I hope you might advice:

1) I found out the when I click the power down button, there is a counter
of a minute or so untill it really shuts down.

Is there a way to change it that it will occur immediately ?
(of course I know that I can run "shutdown -h now'" from a terminal,
but I want to shutdown from the desktop, preferably with what I
already have.

2)  When I run the terminal (it is gnome terminal ) it starts miminized.
I tried changing the defaults but it did not help

Any ideas?

rgs,
Andy