List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] New install of 4.10
From:       James Tyrer <jrtyrer () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2013-04-18 19:04:58

I finished installing KDE 4.10.2 last night.

It was nice to see that two of my suggestions had been implemented. Well
actually, there were obvious to me so whoever did them probably didn't
know that I suggested it.

I was disappointed to  see that Plasma is still unstable.  Unstable
enough to consider it an early Beta.  Since 4.10 didn't want to use my
4.8 configurations, I had to re-configure my desktop settings and not
only did I run into instability doing this, but I had a consistent crash
of the Plasma-Desktop.

The Panel on the left side of the screen was set to the: "bottom" and
several times it changed to the "top" by itself.

I moved the default panel to the top of the screen and then placed an
empty panel at the bottom of the screen.  I removed the: "Pager" widget
from panel at the top of the screen.  Then I used the: "Add Widgets" app
to add it to the panel at the bottom of the screen.  As soon as I
dropped it on the bottom panel, the whole Plasma-Desktop crashed and
restarted automatically.  I tried this 3 times and it crashed 3 times. I
would guess that this is a regression, but I don't remember when or how
I had previously configured the desktop with the pager on the bottom panel.

There are some other issues which I will start other threads for.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch

--