List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] can't see KwalletManager
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-08-09 17:21:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday, 2009-08-09, Jim Philips wrote:
> I'm running KwalletManager under Kubuntu Jaunty in KDE 4.3. I can find the
> process that shows the program running, but I can't see it anywhere. There
> is no icon in the system tray or anything else. I am trying to change the
> settings in the hopes that will allow me to run TweetDeck, but it's a
> little hard to change the settings when there is no visible program out
> there. Any ideas?

What I have discovered is that the tray in 4.3 has an arrow symbol at its left
side that, when clicked, releavels additional icons. KWalletManager being one
of them.

As far as I understand it there are several"categories" of icons and those
categories have different priorities of being shown all the time.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring