List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Installlation failure: SuperKaramba Oxygen System
From:       Bruce Miller <subscribe () brmiller ! ca>
Date:       2009-02-19 19:22:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have tried installing the Oxygen System Monitor into my Kubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) \
desktop. There is a straightforward set of instructions at: \
http://phpandlinux.com/2008/11/09/system-health-monitoring-with-kubuntu-810/

The Oxygen System Monitor itself can be found at: \
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen+System+Monitor?content=86664

Everything appears to go well until I actually try to install the SuperKaramba theme. \
I get an error dialog entitled "Installation Failure - Plasma Workspace" containing a \
not very helpful message, "Installing the package \
/home/bruce/temp/oxygen/oxygen.theme failed."

To the best of my ability to double-check all these things, I have installed all the \
dependencies and configured all the preliminaries, including lm-sensors and hddtemp.

Is there further testing I can do to trace the failure of this SuperKaramba theme to \
                install?
 --
Bruce Miller, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
bruce@brmiller.ca; (613) 745-1151

Commenting on budget forecasting on the day the budget of the Government of Canada \
was announced, a retired senior manager of Environment Canada said on the CBC that \
"economists were invented to make weather forecasters look good."