List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail and kdewallet
From:       Jethro Tull <heavytull () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-07 22:53:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> From: cannewilson@googlemail.com
> To: kde-linux@kde.org
> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:42:47 +0000
> Subject: Re: [kde-linux] kmail and kdewallet
>

> There has been a massive change in my system over the last 24 hours, which
> might provoke some thought for other systems.  It was suggested that my cpu
> might be having to bear a heavy load because my radeon X600 video card wasn't
> sufficiently capable.  Then Nikos Chantziaras told me to try "AccelMethod"
> "EXA" in my xorg.conf.  This was not really to solve the problem of speed, but
> to address the random freezes when desktop effects were running.  The
> difference is immense.  Now, with desktop effects running it is totally
> stable, as far as I can tell - I haven't had a single freeze since I enabled
> this yesterday morning - and I haven't seen long delays and runaway cpu usage.
>
> I've written this up at http://userbase.kde.org/GPU-
> Performance#Desktop_Effects_causes_random_freezes.  I understand that the same
> EXA method works for some Intel cards that have this problem.  I'll try to get
> a grip on the additional information I've been given and write it up in the
> same place later today.

ALA EXA is still not officially stated to be "stable" i'm not using it.
I tried it once, it really was full buggy.
a lot of dirt was appearing on screen: scrambled images...
> Anne

Imagine a life without walls.  See the possibilities
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/122465943/direct/01/
[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:42:47 +0000<br>&gt; Subject: Re: [kde-linux] kmail and \
over the last 24 hours, which <br>&gt; might provoke some thought for other systems.  \
It was suggested that my cpu <br>&gt; might be having to bear a heavy load because my \
radeon X600 video card wasn't <br>&gt; sufficiently capable.  Then Nikos Chantziaras \
told me to try "AccelMethod" <br>&gt; "EXA" in my xorg.conf.  This was not really to \
solve the problem of speed, but <br>&gt; to address the random freezes when desktop \
effects were running.  The <br>&gt; difference is immense.  Now, with desktop effects \
running it is totally <br>&gt; stable, as far as I can tell - I haven't had a single \
freeze since I enabled <br>&gt; this yesterday morning - and I haven't seen long \
delays and runaway cpu usage.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I've written this up at \
http://userbase.kde.org/GPU-<br>&gt; \
Performance#Desktop_Effects_causes_random_freezes.  I understand that the same \
get <br>&gt; a grip on the additional information I've been given and write it up in \
stated to be "stable" i'm not using it.<br>I tried it once, it really was full \
buggy.<br>a lot of dirt was appearing on screen: scrambled images...<br>&gt; \
href='http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/130777504/direct/01/' target='_new'>Click \