List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] no sound from Kscd in KDE 4.1 RC1
From:       Jim Philips <philips_jim () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2008-07-16 23:45:04

I'm running RC1 on Kubuntu, released yesterday, but I've had this problem for
awhile. Kscd worked fine under the old KDE 3 version. Other sound apps like Juk
and Amarok work fine. But if I put in a CD, Kscd indicates it is playing it,
but I get no sound. I played with the volume on different channels in Kmix and
that had no effect. But Kmix seems to have a lot of new options and I don't
understand all of them. I am also looking at the Alsamixer, but so far, no
luck.

In what may be a related problem, the device notifier doesn't react at all when
I put in a CD. It shows other volumes just fine, but no CD. This was also
working under KDE3.