List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] mouse pointer disappears
From:       "Marcelo Magno T. Sales" <marcelo.sales () sefaz ! pe ! gov ! br>
Date:       2007-01-26 13:15:49

Em Quinta 25 Janeiro 2007 21:18, Richard Pace escreveu:
> Hi:
> Posted this on SuSE's list also.  No response yet.
>
> Running SuSE 10.2 on HP Pavilion AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
> 3800+. KDE 3.5.5 "release 45.2".
>
> My mouse pointer disappears every so often.  The mouse is still working, so
> to speak - I just can't see it.  After the mouse pointer disappears, using
> keyboard controls, I have tried changing personal settings in KDE to a new
> mouse scheme.  That does not help.  Even restarting KDE does not help.  So
> far, only a reboot restores the mouse pointer.
>
> Comments appreciated.

Is your video card an nvidia one? If so, there's a bug in nvidia driver that
causes exactly this problem with some nvidia cards (not all). The workaround
is to disable hardware cursor in xorg.conf.
Add the following line in the device section for your video card:
Option "HWCursor" "off"

[]'s
Marcelo