On Tuesday 08 August 2006 19:31, David J Iannucci wrote: > > From start to finish I would like to understand the whole process if > > anyone is patient enough to clue me in or point me to a FAQ somewhere > > that explains how it all works under KDE. > > I would really like to know this stuff, too. I have looked around but > haven't been able to find this information, and have been rather > frustrated by it at times. > > However, I suspect this is a base OS issue, and not related to KDE > directly. No? I thought maybe it was something to do with my distro. But I now have it working flawlessly in Gnome. And it still doesn't work in KDE. I even rebuilt all of KDE once I verified that DBUS and HAL were set up properly to work with Gnome. But the KDE control center still has all HAL-related options grayed out. This suggests to me, at the very least, that the feature is poorly implemented in KDE. Either that, or I just hit the right combination for Gnome and the wrong one for KDE out of sheer random luck. ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.