I have had this problem in the past, and the only was I ever able to solve it was to rebuild the machine. Current system is SuSE10, KDE3.4 I logged in today (standard user) and all was well. Worked on the system for a number of hours. Shut down, took laptop home with me. Booted up and got the welcome screen. Tried logging in as my standard user and root, got the same results from both: screen flashses quick to black like it's going to start loading the environment, then dumps me back to the welcome screen. No useful looking errors in the logs (only whining about a font missing, which it always does). Can anyone at least point me in a direction to try something? I've deleted all of the DCOP items from /tmp and my home directory, dumped the entire .kde directory out of root's directory, tried getting rid of the orbit and mcop files, nothing has helped. __________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.