List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] k3b - how to create a bootable cd ?
From:       Joerg Stadermann <jstadermann () gmxpro ! de>
Date:       2005-07-01 10:31:19

On Friday 01 July 2005 11:49, Rod Butcher wrote:
> So the "burn image" feature requires a .iso image ? Can you
> point me to any lowtech documentation on this whole bootable cd
> creation thing ? I just want to get the job done without
> becoming a technical expert - that's why I use k3b,  so I can
> just drag and drop and push the burn button. thanks
> Rod

Unfortunately this isn't low tech at all. A starting point is the
"The Linux Bootdisk-Howto" (should be part of your distro).
Googling for "creating bootable cd" should give you further
information. An interessting read is
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KanjiFlash/BOutline.htm.

But you could always try to find a suitable iso from the net and
burn it.

HTH
Joerg
--