List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Time zone switched to UTC
From:       Van Snyder <van.snyder () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       2005-06-29 19:21:34

I opened the date-and-time widget from my tool bar to set the time.
After giving it the root password and setting the time, it decided that
the time as displayed by "date" in xterm and other terminals should be
in UTC, and the time in the clock in the tool bar should be in a
differently randomly chosen time zone on each reboot.  Here's
cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
ZONE="America/Los_Angeles"
UTC=false
ARC=false

If I manually set the TZ environment variable to PST8PDT, "date" works
correctly (no surprise there), but I never had to set it before.

How do I undo this?

--
Van Snyder                    |  What fraction of Americans believe
Van.Snyder@jpl.nasa.gov       |  Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?