List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Managing remote files using Konqueror and Kate
From:       Grant <ukchucktown () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 0:30:43

Using fish:// didn't work either. What did work in konqueror was
sftp://host with no user or directory specified in the URL. If I try to
add the user or directory to the URL, konqueror generates an error. Once
I opened the directory in konqueror, I was able to drag the file to a
running Kate window and open it. I have not tried saving, yet. I'm
curious why I can't specify the user or directory in the URL and if
there are any other strategies I can use, preferably opening the file
directly from Kate without the need to drag and drop from konqueror.

Grant