List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Fish problem
From:       Jes Hall <jes.hall () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-06-16 0:27:25

On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:06, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, but it must have been something in kde.  I
> renamed the .kde folder and reconfigured everything in the new one, and now
> fish works perfectly again.  It's so annoying, though, to have to go
> through all those re-configurations because one thing has come unstuck.
> I'd have liked to tackle the single problem.
>
> Anne

You don't have to go through all those re-configurations. Judicious use of
grep can show you the few files that involve fish.

grep fish *

in the `kde-config --localprefix`/share/config  folder will show you all files
that contain the term fish. Looking inside these files can help you decide if
you should rename them to something else and then test if fish is working.
This way you can isolate the particular file that is causing the problem.
--
JH

KDE Frequently Asked Questions
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");