List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] KDE app and different library versions
From:       Kevin Gilbert <kev.gilbert () cdu ! edu ! au>
Date:       2005-06-07 4:58:37

Hi everybody,

I have a (mathematical) application that I want to distribute to some
colleagues. The problem is that I am running the latest KDE (3.4.1) while
they are running older versions. As a result they get "... symbol lookup
error ... undefined symbol..." which I presume is a result of the differing
versions of KDE.

Providing I am not using any functionality that is only present in KDE-3.4.1,
how can I configure / compile / link my application so that it will work on
older version of KDE?

BTW the application is developed under KDevelop.

Cheers

Kevin