List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Running a Script in a Terminal
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-05-30 15:03:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 30 May 2005 03:50, AndyLiebman@aol.com wrote:
> Can you explain what you mean by running "konsole --script". I understand
> that "--script" is an option, but I don't see how to use it. How can I use
> this option to pass a script to the konsole once it opens up?

If Konsole is started with --script, it has additional methods in its DCOP
interfaces, for example sendSession and feedSession in the interface for each
session.
You can browse the interfaces with KDCOP.

> Regarding your other question, how would I know if I have a "different
> environment when running an interactive shell"? What does that mean?

Bash reads different confiuration files when it is started as an interpreter
vs. when it is started as an interactive shell.
An interactive shell is one where you as the user can input commands.

The man page has all the gory details :)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>