List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Knotes aren't preserved by logins
From:       Rob Tanner <rtanner () cheshiresgrin ! net>
Date:       2005-05-04 6:13:58

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest and greatest Redhat (ES4) and Knotes are not
preserved between invocations of the knotes app (both across logins and by
simply quiting and restarting the Knotes app).  According to kde-config,
the version of KDE is  3.3.1-3.6 Red Hat.  KDE version 3.1.3-6.10 Red Hat
does not have the problem.  What I notice is that specific note preferences
are preserved in the directory ~/.kde/share/apps/knotes/notes as
libkcal-nnnnn.nnn. But the text is preserved in a single file named
~/.kde/share/apps/knotesnotes.ics, which is overwritten when the Knotes app
is started up.

Is this a setting soemwhere?  I'm baffled.

Thanks.

Rob Tanner                                        DRACO DORMIENS NUNQUAM
rtanner@cheshiresgrin.net                                    TITILLANDUS