List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Kinfocenter
From:       Mark A Strivens <strivens () bcm ! tmc ! edu>
Date:       2005-04-29 17:00:24

I recently installed kde3.4 in my /home directory using Konstruct
everything work great except kinfocenter which has no data in it
at all - i.e. the apps starts without errors and is empty.

I am not sure where it is looking for the module names, there
appear to be a bunch of suitable entries in:

~/kde3.4/share/applications/kde/

e.g.

dma.desktop
kinfocenter.desktop
pci.desktop

But kinfocenter is not seeing any of this.  I really want to get this
back working as I think I have some missing kioslaves (e.g. mp3)
and I have some xine issues

Help gratefully appreciated

thanks

Mark