List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Kaudiocreator grinds for hours
From:       Bogus Zaba <bogzab () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-04-11 19:18:35

Jim Philips wrote:

>I tried yesterday to rip an album using Kaudiocreator. Some 21 hours later, it
>had gotten to 45% complete on track 11 out of 13. A couple of times it
>complained there were errors on the CD. So, I gave up on Kaudiocreator and
>tried to rip and encode the tracks using the command line tools that
>Kaudiocreator is configured to use: cdparanoia and oggenc. I ripped and
>encoded the remaining three tracks in less than five minutes. So, what is the
>problem with Kaudiocreator that it takes so long to do what should be simple?

I have been using Audacity to record .wav files from old vinyl disks and
then put the results onto CDs with K3b. I also used command-lime lame to
convert wavs to mp3s. Audacity is not really "ripping" software - it
records from your audio input in real time, rather than processing
digital audio streams but the above combination of software works well
for me - all under KDE 3.3.0.

Bogus Zaba