List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE/Konstruct
From:        Marques <xe () sapo ! pt>
Date:       2005-04-10 11:44:11

My bash_profile has the following:
# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells.
# see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files for examples.
# the files are located in the bash-doc package.

# the default umask is set in /etc/login.defs
#umask 022

# the rest of this file is commented out.

# set variable identifying the chroot you work in
#if [ -f /etc/debian_chroot ]; then
#  debian_chroot=$(cat /etc/debian_chroot)
#fi

# include .bashrc if it exists
#if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
#    . ~/.bashrc
#fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
#if [ -d ~/bin ] ; then
#    PATH=~/bin:"${PATH}"
#fi

# do the same with MANPATH
#if [ -d ~/man ]; then
#    MANPATH=~/man:"${MANPATH}"
#    export MANPATH
#fi

And /etc/profile has the following:

# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1))
# and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/home/xe/kde3.4/bin"
QTDIR="/home/xe/kde3.4"
KDEDIR="/home/xe/kde3.4"
KDEDIRS="/home/xe/kde3.4"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/xe/kde3.4/lib"
if [ "$PS1" ]; then
  if [ "$BASH" ]; then
    PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ '
  else
    if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
      PS1='# '
    else
      PS1='$ '
    fi
  fi
fi

export PATH

umask 022

Thanks for your time

Citando Barry O'Donovan <barry.odonovan@kdemail.net>:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 10 April 2005 11:36, Sérgio Marques wrote:
> > I'm having some problems with the new KDE3.4 compiled with konstruct.
> >
> > - The graphics are not very well (It appears ,for example, dots
> > rounding the text in the main page of Konqueror)
>
> I know you tried to send through a screenshot (I'm list admin) but it
> was far too big. If you just take a section of the konqueror page and
> send that through as an example someone might be able to give you some
> feedback.
>
> > - KDM does not start when i log on computer
>
> You need to set the paths correctly in the relevent X11 configuration
> files. Specifically:
>
> /etc/X11/prefdm
>
> Try something like:
>
> #!/bin/sh

PATH=/home/${YOURUSERNAME}/kde3.4/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

> at the beginning of that file.
>
> > - The settings of KDE are not saved when i restart the computer
> > - In Kopete, Konqueror and all the programs that use the protocol
> > https it returns the following error: "The protocol https is not
> > supported"
> >
> > I've compiled KDE to $(HOME)/kde3.4 and set all the directories in
> > /etc/profile
>
> To help with the above, exactly what did you add to /etc/profile and are
> you sure that nothing in ~/.bash_profile overrides the settings
> in /etc/profile?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Barry O'Donovan
> http://www.barryodonovan.com/
> http://www.ihl.ucd.ie/
>
> Public key: http://www.barryodonovan.com/gpg.asc

SMS GRÁTIS do seu PC para qualquer rede nacional (TMN, Vodafone, Optimus e PTC). \
Basta instalar o SAPO Messenger e adicionar amigos! Vá agora a : \
http://messenger.sapo.pt/sms/