List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Stylus C46 under Linux
From:       "enine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2005-04-05 14:12:49

From: vailima <vailima@icontech.com>
Date:  Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:54:48 -0400

> Cleaning had nothing to do with it ...
>
> Just don't let the machine sit idle for more than a day or two or the ink will clog \
> the print head essentially rendering that cheap "Jap Junk" essentially useless ... \
> unless of course you want to send the printer back to EPSON for a cleaning, and for \
> a hefty fee plush shipping both ways you can get the printer to work again, until \
> the next time ... those bozos at EPSON have been around long enough and should have \
> known better than to put such a fickle product out into the market.
> ... then there's the issue of not two, not three but four ink cartridges!
>
> Want "To be fair about this: " don't buy EPSON!

I can verify the Epson ink problem, worked for a reseller a while back and customers \
would request these since they were a higher resolution than other brands, got better \
reviews in magazines, whatever reason then bring them back wanting warranty work done \
because they only printed 10 pages and now they don't work anymore.  Whatever \
adavntages/disadvantages they may have basically you must print a page a day to keep \
them from clogging as they are just not designed to sit.  To be fair other brands \
have problems too, some more than others (ever had to try to support crApple \
printers) but this problem is just unexpected.

Sent via the HostPortal WebMail system at ninefamily.com