List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Sound problems
From:       "ne..." <akabi () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2005-03-31 13:41:09

On Mar 31, 2005 at 12:36, Jonathan Verner in a soothing rage wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have the problem, that I can't get my sound to work in kde. I use
> the ALSA sound system and I can sound play outside of kde, but
> kde just seems to ignore ALL sound (i.e. can't play cds, wav files,
> ogg files, mp3 files, anything ...). The only thing I get is some
> level of noise. The weird thing is, that this level of noise is
> constant and __STOPS__ when I mute sound using kmix and
> starts again after I unmute it.
Either Kmix or kamix has some settings for some esoteric hardware
that is named IEEExxxxx. Look and see whether you have settings for
these and unset them. This was an error that cropped up a while
back.

N.Emile...
What is research but a blind date with knowledge?
 		-- Will Harvey
08:39:06  up 31 days, 19:48, 15 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00