List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] how to start a new KDE session AND missing Control
From:       Andrew Kar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-03-30 8:54:24

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:56 am, Rod Butcher wrote:
>  if KDE provides a
> session switch tool I can't find it on the menus set up by the standard
> 3.4 make install.

It may not appear unless you are using the new kdm (not Mdkdm) as well I would
imagine because you cant have multiple X sessions unless your X files are set
up accordingly and I note that the new kdmrc file has settings relating to
this feature. It also has settings for themes etc. I set those and thought I
had changed to Gdm because my new login was exactly like the gdm
flower/circles theme except with qt menus.

Does anyone have a new kde control-centre login module? My kde3.4-Redhat-kde
just has the old module which does not ley you use any of the new features
except what is hand edited in kdmrc. I note that a few mudules seem to be
missing; The zeroconfiguration Service Discovery; Desktop Sharing; Kernel
Configurator. Is this on all kde3.4's ?

--
regards,
andrew