List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] why is konqueror so slow to load pages?
From:       "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro () alumni ! cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2005-03-05 22:51:47

Konqueror has been unbearably slow for me.  It loads half the page, then
wait, then loads a single image, then wait, then loads another image then
wait.  It takes literally over a minute for the page to come up.  I've
tried stopping and refreshing to see if it will "catch" and load quickly,
but it doesn't help.

The exact same page comes up in Firefox instantly (brand new page, it is not
cached).

I've been experiencing this problem for all pages I visit with Konqueror.
The problem seems to have started when I started using a wireless router
and wireless bridge.  Its weird though because Firefox is as fast as ever.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I don't even know where to begin looking.

Thanks for the help.