List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kate complaining about KAccel missing (KDE 3.2)
From:       sbaader () ruc ! dk
Date:       2005-02-21 20:05:03

Hi!

I'm using Mandrake 10.1 official with KDE 3.2 (installed automatically during
Mandrake installation) and am having a problem with the text editor kate. When
i try to assign a keyboard shortcut for activating the built-in terminal, the
assignment is not saved. It works as long as kate is running, but has gone
after exiting and re-invoking.

During the assignment, kate dumps a complaint to the bash shell about KAccel
missing. It looks like this:

[user@computer user]$ kate
QMetaObject::findSignal:KFileDetailView: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
[sbaader@schmetterling sbaader]$ QObject::connect: No such signal
KListView::itemAdded(QListViewItem*) QObject::connect: (sender name: 'unnamed')
QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'unnamed') QMetaObject::findSignal:KListView:
Conflict with QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::updateShortcut(): name = "unnamed", cut =
F7; No KAccel, probably missing a parent collection.

The first part about QListView::doubleClicked is always shown immediately after
invoking:

[user@computer user]$ kate
QMetaObject::findSignal:KFileDetailView: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)

It seems to me like there are some parts of KDE missing on my system. Does
someone know how to fix it and supply the missing parts (if that really is the
problem?)?

I can't just upgrade to KDE 3.3 as it is not compatible wit Mandrake 10.1 .. at
least that is what i read on linuxquestions.org..

Thanks really much in advance!

Siemen