Logan Anderson wrote: > I have a motto that if it aint broke you can't fix it, not to be > confused with if it aint boke don't fix it. With that in mind, maybe > someone has some answers for me. I have mandrake 10.1 and I was running > KDE. I tried to install the program airsnort (wireless cracker) so I > could mess with my father in law a little. It came up and said I needed > a newer version of GTK (GTK 2.0 I think). So I started trying to install > different RPM's to get it working. Well several of them said they were > conflicting or missing dependencies and so I just started doing rpm -i > --force. The problem is that you used the wrong command: rpm -i .rpm rather than: rpm -U .rpm NEVER use "-i" unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. You say that there were "missing dependencies" but this can't be the case since "--force" won't install or upgrade a package with missing dependencies. Did you also use: "--nodeps"? What you did by using "-i --force" was to install one package on top of another without removing the older one. You can try doing the same packages again with: rpm -U --force .rpm and it might fix the problem. You should probably try: rpm -Uvh .rpm first to make sure that the package is already installed and then add: "--force" to force the upgrade. -- JRT ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.