List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] CD playing on Upgraded KDE 3.3.2 broken.
From:       Andrew Kar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-01-28 19:03:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:31 am, steve.goodey@bt.com wrote:
> The story is that a working 10.1 Official with KDE 3.2 was upgraded
> using Konstruct to KDE 3.3.2 which appeared to go ok

??? Konstruct is NOT an upgrade tool in the manner that you have used it.
Unless you know a lot more about Konstruct and compiling than you are letting
on I would imagine you are still running 3.2 but have broken it.

Konstruct by default downloads a VANILLA version of kde source tarballs and
NOT the modified Mandrake version of KDE so unless you were running a vanilla
kde3.2 rather than whatever your distro installed then you have already
broken your system in a number of ways.

When you check the about box of an app does it tell you you are running 3.3.2?
--
regards,
andrew