List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Ximain's Evolution
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-01-28 15:42:07

On Friday 28 January 2005 16:33, vailima wrote:
> Thought GNOME was just another GUI? Not right?

GNOME is like KDE a desktop environment, which applications can build on.
Of course it is always possible to run applications from one on the other, it
only requires to have the respective libraries installed.

Evolution is a GNOME application, it is using the GNOME libraries, not a KDE
application, using KDE libraries, so I wondered why you are asking on a KDE
list.

I suggested to post on a GNOME list, not because it is wrong here, but because
I though you might want some answers and the chance to get some is greater on
a list where other people use it as well.

As Evolution is a well big project in itself it might even have mailinglists
dedicated to it.

Cheers,
Kevin
--