List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] bugs
From:       Richard Pace <rpace () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2005-01-26 16:42:34

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 08:55, Maignan wrote:
> >Le Mercredi 26 Janvier 2005 09:23, Nick Cardullo a écrit :
> >
> > On Wednesday 26 January 2005 12:19 pm, Maignan wrote:
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > I have a problem, after browssing a CD or a floppy, it's impossible to
> > > unmount the drive..
> > > as root, I  try to umount but it's impossible too.
> > > I must exit my session for unmounting.
> > >
> > > somebody can explain and help me to resolve this problem ?
> > > ___________________________________________________
> >
> > Check that there are no windows open that are using the device, like a
> > konqueror window opened browsing files on the device, also make sure that
I have experienced this also (SuSE 9.1, KDE 3.2).  Sometimes it is resolved by
closing a KONQ  file manager window.  However, at other times, ALL KONQ
windows are closed,  but KSYSGUARD process monitor shows an active KONQUEROR
process.  I think this is normal for my systems since I believe there is a
KDE option to preload KONQUEROR.  Yet,   KILLing that last instance of
KONQUEROR allows the CDROM to open simply by pressing the CDROM button to
open the tray.  UMOUNT isn't necessary at this point, but does work in any
case.

So my experience is that sometimes when KONQ is used as a file manager to view
files on a CDROM, the CDROM remains "attached" (I don't know how else to put
it) to KONQUEROR even though no file manager windows are open.
Richard