List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] bugs
From:       Nick Cardullo <kofrad () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-26 9:23:38

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 12:19 pm, Maignan wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have a problem, after browssing a CD or a floppy, it's impossible to
> unmount the drive..
> as root, I  try to umount but it's impossible too.
> I must exit my session for unmounting.
>
> somebody can explain and help me to resolve this problem ?

Check that there are no windows open that are using the device, like a
konqueror window opened browsing files on the device, also make sure that
there are no daemons using the devices, trying turning famd off and the
unmounting the device again. There is a script I have used a few times to
unmount pesky devices, but it is for gentoo, shouldnt be too hard to port to
another distro though.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Script_to_unmount_Busy_Devices

The script on that page, with a little distro-specific tweaking can be very
useful. If you dont know to convert the script, just try the commands in the
section "What the script does". Hope this helps :)
--
Nick Cardullo